rants and chatter designed to impress my new boss...and you of course

Friday, July 31, 2009

I blame my brothers



Sometimes, I think I might still be single b/c of my brothers.  Subconsciously, they've set the bar for me, and well...it's pretty high.  Anyway,  I had never really thought about guys really being scared off by them until reading the following article.  Am I allowed to cut and paste someone else's blog?? Who knows... It's funny and I'm curious as to how accurate it is so here you go:

Guys Your Guy is Intimidated By

1. Anyone who plays the guitar
I can't play the guitar. I can't do anything except for type and make guacamole. Ergo: I have always kept my women away from dudes with "axes."

2. Dudes who can, like, change your valves
It's even worse if he's a guy who knows about cars and is all humble about it.

3. Your older brother
See above.

4. Your friend's boyfriend
You know, the guy you always mention when we're being idiots. "John never does that to Jenny," you say. Man, when John comes around we're really on our best behavior.

5. The kid you went to high school with and was your best friend for a while but you never dated because he was kind of nerdy but now he's gained some weight and is super successful and you realize you really missed out with that one ...
Am I the only one who has encountered one of these with every girlfriend?

6. Marines
Man, a Marine started talking to my wife at a bar not that long ago. And I thought: that guy could kick my butt, tell a heart-rending story that would make her cry, and ask to be called "Captain" all at once ... I don't like him.

7. Your father
Especially if he was a Marine, a firefighter and a mechanic who also plays the guitar.


2 comments:

  1. cin - i second that emotion... it's quasi-ridiculous. we should grab some wine and commiserate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all i gotta say is if your brothers can exist, then so can the one, and he will fit right in.

    ReplyDelete