rants and chatter designed to impress my new boss...and you of course

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Red Flag of the Week



                                     Gamers
You can imagine my delight when I sat down at work today to write my post about gamers and overheard the following conversation next to me:



             Justin: “Hey, do you PVP?”

             Austin, whom I call Hufflepuff: “I mix PVP and PVE”

             Me: “What the?”

             Hufflepuff: “Player vs. Player & Player vs. Environment, duh.

             Me: “You better knock that off or you’ll never get a girlfriend.”

Listen, I get it: ALL guys play video games.  What you need to know is that there are 2 types…those that speak about it, and those that don’t.  Consider it a complete warning sign if they let you know this leisure activity takes place at all.  If they mention it as something they are interested in or tell a story that takes place at game stop, proceed with caution.

I’m going to go ahead and say that there is a direct correlation between the amount of video games guys play and the amount of girls they are not getting. It’s a classic case of when you are winning, you are loosing!  For my male readers: I don’t care if you are riding dragons around killing nubz with tier 8.5, if you can’t get through a conversation with a girl without talking about it, your real life toon (the doll they create to play with) is dead meat.  

Please enjoy the live footage from today!

                                                                  

Today was brought to us by Hufflepuff, but the song is dedicated to Chi in NYC!

I saw the sign, and it opened up my eyes,

cj

6 comments:

  1. oh my goodness. miss cindy, you are now officially aware of what boys discuss when we are not there. we talk about them and our feelings and they talk about tiers and dragons.
    p.s. i love the video! so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled across the following link mere moments before I saw this blog entry of yours:

    http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/study-games-are-depressing-or-are-they-/1346074

    Keep up the good work, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urNyg1ftMIU

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was beyond entertaining! Thanks for the lesson!

    ReplyDelete